Monday, November 3, 2008

The Elusive Interview

I still have not received any calls to set up an interview. It’s been about 2 whole weeks since I’ve applied and I haven’t heard much of anything from any of the 5+ hospitals I’ve applied to. Here is the thing: I really want to be a Labor & Delivery Nurse, that’s the area I want to be in. I want to continue my education in that area and do lots of things within the realm of pregnancy, childbirth, and infancy. However, I know that most places usually do not hire brand new grads for that area. So I specify that I am a strong interest in that field, but I want to build my nursing skills on a medical surgical floor. I’m still holding tight and hoping I hear something soon. I have sent a few follow-up emails just to show that I am serious about the positions and show that I am a go-getter. *shrugs* maybe it'll work

No comments: