Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why I'm here

I started this blog as a way to track the ups and downs I’ll experience throughout my career as a nurse. Nursing was not my original career choice; instead I was going to be a public health educator. I thought I would be able to make a difference and teach people to stay and be healthy. It’s a great thought and a good career choice, but it just wasn’t for me. I want to be more hands on and more involved in the actual care, so I signed up for an accelerated nursing program … fast forward 16 months and I’ve graduated – fast forward another 2 months and I’ve passed the NCLEX – fast forward another month and here I am… actively seeking employment and slowly who am I kidding … quickly becoming frustrated, but far from discouraged! I’m going to find a job, hopefully sooner than later.

No comments: