Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The HESI exit exam

The program I graduated from required that we take the HESI as an exit exam. If you don’t pass with at least 70% then you do not officially graduate until you do. The first time the school pays for it, each additional time you have to pay for it yourself. Thank goodness I passed on the first time; I think the program I was enrolled in did a great job of preparing us to succeed at passing the HESI. We were required to take MEDSPUB exams some of which counted towards a class grade and others that just had to be completed. 95% of my class passed it the first time; it was a small class of 21 people… so only 1 person failed it. Anyway, the exam itself seemed really long and hard. I was so scared to hit the submit button when I was done, because I feared that I had not passed. The questions were totally random and I felt as though there was no real way you could prepare yourself for it. The only thing I would suggest is doing practice questions and actually reading the rationales. If you are completely tired of questions, just try reading rationales… but doing the questions without reading the rationales is a waste of time.

No comments: