Sunday, November 9, 2008

My NCLEX exam

I don’t know exactly where I was when our professors explained the whole process leading up to the taking the NCLEX exam, but apparently I missed a step. I thought that all you need to do was pay the state, wait for your ATT number, then register to take the exam. So here I am – I’ve paid the state, received my fingerprint info, paid for the prints and background check… so now I’m waiting for my number. Well DUH… I forgot that I also had to pay PearsonVue! So here I am complaining that the state is taking forever when it was my error… oops! Alright so finally I got a clue, paid Pearson, and got my test date. 10 weeks and 2 days after I graduated from nursing school I sat for the NCLEX. Totally unprepared because I had been going to beauty industry events and hanging out backstage during shows at NY Fashion Week, in my past life I must have been a beauty editor because I love that type of stuff. I spent 2 days in my town library reading over standard lab values and doing some practice questions. Once my exam date came, I was feeling totally unprepared… Most of my friends had already taken the exam and passed 5 of them only had 75 questions the other two had between 90-120 so imagine my face when my computer hit 76 questions, then 100, then 150! I thought surely this can’t be a good sign and I started stressing about the number of questions instead of focusing on the questions themselves. My NCLEX exam was a total of 167 questions, but I’m happy to say I PASSED!

No comments: